The Torture Game 2 The Torture Game 2

Weird thing coming up...

I hate everything about this game. But I want to troll Fox News, so I'm going to rate it up. It's for a good cause...

Toxie Radd 3D Toxie Radd 3D

9/10

Wow. Sure, the graphics look like something out of the 90s, and there was only one weapon, but this had all the charm of a Serious Sam/ Doom/ Duke Nukem style fragfest without sacrificing any of the fun.

Some minor issues though:
- The rats. They were just too annoying and not at all fun to fight.
- The boss. He had way too much health considering how easy it was to kill him.
- Holding down fire constanly would stun and lock melee enemies in place, leaving them helpless. A bit cheap.

A possible feature for part 2 would be adding in an overheat bar for the chaingun that would take 2-3 seconds to completely empty, just enough to put some breaks in the constant fire.

Xplored responds:

Very clean analysis of the few main things to look at.
Surely we do for next TR
Thanks.

Pit Dwellers Pit Dwellers

Good concept, with some minor problems.

The most noticeable flaw is that the dwellers just move too fast. It's a challenging game, but possibly a bit too hard for this generation where you aren't making a profit off every death.

The other is that the dwellers become invincible once they leave the pit. Their attack animation can't be interupted, so they'll kill you no matter how many times they shoot you. Your only window is when they're actually in the pit.

I hope to see some more fast paced, difficult FPS games like this on NG.

The Breach The Breach

I wanted to like it...

But it was so hard to!

-The enemies were too easy or too hard.
-Jumping.
-Aiming.
-Weak bosses.
-Not scary unless you faint at the sight of blood/yellow vomit.
-The second suit upgrade just made it easier to get killed on the last boss.
-Weak ending.

On the plus side...

+Good tension
+The story is actually quite interesting.
+Interesting enemy design (Fighting them isn't fun, watching them is).
+ A real reason to be afraid of the colour yellow
+ Audio journals.

This could have been so much better! But it's still pretty good. Please add WASD+Mouse controls for the next one though.

Robo Run! Robo Run!

Alright

Good idea *cough*canabalt*cough*, but it needs some more features to get it to work fully.

Still, it's better than anything I've got around to making, and I understand you were on a deadline.

Nice try and happy birthday.

Air Pressure Air Pressure

Great story.

Interesting idea for a game.

I kind of agree with aSHYian's idea, but I'll let you figure it out for yourself.

If you listen to the way that the characters speak and the words they use, everything will be clear.

Exit Path Exit Path

Awesome!

A truly great racing game, and I loved playing it. Customisation was great, story was interesting, and the multiplayer was perfect.

10/10. Easily.

(I reviewed the AG edition, as it has the multiplayer.)

Planet Fall Planet Fall

Nice try.

A good simple game, fun for a few seconds. A story, some menus, some cut scenes would be nice, but this gives you something to work up from.

Nice try.

Babies Dream... Babies Dream...

Great! *sniff*

Great control idea, but the best part was the emotional ending. I could relate to the characters, despite the graphics and appearances.

This was a truly good game.

The Sound Walk The Sound Walk

Good game

This was a great game. I found it hard, but pretty fun.

It is rhythm based, so don't play if you have none.

I didn't like having to finish 15 achievements to get the last level though.